3 Ingredient Dinner
It’s hot and humid and the last thing I want to do after a long day is cook dinner. Yet I’m determined to eat something healthy that isn’t a boring salad.
This is the simplest possible dinner that is carb, dairy and gluten free yet still delicious and satisfying. Rather than calling this a recipe, it’s more of a formula that allows you to change up the ingredients to your liking.
1. Meat or Fish (I chose salmon)
2. Sauce (Whole grain Dijon mustard)
3. Vegetable for roasting (I chose carrots but broccoli, sweet potato, squash, Brussels, peppers etc would all work well!)
Clean and chop the veggies and put them on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and any other seasoning you like. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 F for 15-20 mins or until done to your liking. Since salmon doesn’t take as long to cook,
I start with the veggies first and then prep my salmon by drizzling olive oil, salt, pepper and dijon mustard to the filets and baking them for 10 mins at 425 F on a foil lined baking sheet. Cook time will depend on the veggies and protein you choose so just check periodically to make sure it’s cooked through.
Some other combination ideas:
- Chicken breast, balsamic vinegar, rosemary potatoes
- Salmon, teriyaki sauce, asparagus
- Chicken breast, bbq sauce, red onions and peppers
If you try this recipe out, let us know what you think! We’d love to hear about your favorite easy dinners!