Easy Summer Salad by The Pink Pan
Did anyone else feel thrown off by the mid-week holiday? Did you party before the 4th, did you party after the 4th, or did you party all week long?! After eating all the ice-cream and sorbet I could find to stay cool during this heatwave, I know I need to get back on track this week with some veggies and protein!
Our dear friend Jen, founder of The Pink Pan, has shared her simple yet fun summer salad with us. Her Six Ingredient Strawberry & Arugula Salad is delicious and refreshing on it's own but feel free to add any of your favorite ingredients.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: N/A
*This recipe serves about 4-6*
For the salad
- One five-ounce bag or package of arugula (you can use spinach, mixed greens or kale if you don’t like arugula)
- 1 lb (or one package) of strawberries cut
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
For the dressing
- 3-4 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 TBSP of olive oil
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Salt & black pepper to taste (optional)
- Combine arugula, cut strawberries, cucumber, feta almonds and chickpeas in a large bowl
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well
This salad is really customizable. You can use more or less of any of the ingredients you like, add some chicken and use a store-bought balsamic vinaigrette or raspberry vinaigrette instead of making your own dressing. The point is that it’s super easy and uses just six ingredients!
Thanks for sharing this yummy salad with us, Jen!